Monday, July 28, 2008

Hedgehog Launch


Unlike other badges on Kongregate, you'll be getting these few with luck. Yes, luck. Theres really very little skill that can go into reaching space in 5 or less days. The only thing you can do is hope that you're going to run into yellow platforms when you sling your Hedge up.

Distributing your money can certainly make a difference. Are some shitty shades going to shoot you up 4 thousand feet into the air? No, probably not. I focused on 4 upgrades: your Band, Launcher, Rocket Pack, and eventually the E-Rocket. Hedge hogs, rocket packs, ELASTIC BANDS, FUCK YA! Since luck does play such a huge factor, I'm not going to tell you when you should upgrade and where you should zoom around. Instead, I made a video of me reaching space in 4 day's. More of a guideline then a guide.

You would think 4 day's would almost be enough to get me into the all time highscores. Well not exactly, the highscores on Kongregate are a piece of ass, I'm pretty sure the top score is something like 0 days.





Ya, I was right.



Pygmy Pioneer Badge – 5 points
Enter space in 50 days or fewer

Hedgie Glider Badge – 15 points
Reach space in 10 days or fewer

Minovian Hero Badge – 30 points
Reach space in 5 days or fewer

I know you can't expect to much with a flash game, but I would at least expect a fucking restart button. Having to refresh my browser 30 times trying to get the Minovian Hero badge was really shitty. That, and my frustration didn't cope well. Between the browser refreshing and the hoping for the best, you'll just be in it for the points, and be glad when it's over. A mediocre score for a mediocre game, 3 out of 5.





No comments: